Sunday, December 19, 2004

Techno Births, Deaths and Marriages...

...argh, the worst has happened. My trusty PC of three years has finally bitten the dust. Kicked the bucket. Brown bread. Whatever. It's just died on me. It beeps whenever I turn it on and does no more. Dad's taken it's shell off and is having a bit of a fiddle around with it, but two hours on and to no avail. It just keeps beeping away at us. Perhaps the poor thing felt unwanted with the great influx of new techno bits 'n' bobs; iPod (now without the stacks of music I gained at uni :'(, the moral of this story being to backup EVERYTHING), digital camera (£30 off little bro today, which involved an emergency trip to buy batteries-alas it is a greedy battery muncher-and get cash out at the only cash machine in the village, which despite being free, would only do withdrawals that were multiples of twenty), new laptop (not a patch on the late PC, needed a new hard drive after barely months and for a totally unexplained reason).

On the plus side, I have found Gemma "Catwalk Queen"'s diary after months of deprivation and scouring her site for any sign of a URL. I'm very excited about my new digital camera and the many Christmas photo ops it will provide over the next week. I'm also embarking on my plan for complete mental nourishment; good books, music and culture. And tomorrow, I get let loose on the town centre for a serious Xmas shop, well as serious a shop as you can do when you have to buy presents for 3 people with a budget of £40 (oh pay day, why so far away?).

But for now, RIP to my trusty PC: 2001-2004