Wednesday, December 29, 2004

OAO...

...It went better than I thought (in that I wasn't told to get my coat and get the hell out!). I don't think my boss is used to people standing up to him, as most of my colleagues are teenagers. After my little rant he came and found me and explained everything I should do in the future and that the current system which had caused me to get in trouble was stupid in the first place. From what I can tell, but I don't know if this is boss-like-spiel to keep the workers happy, a few changes will be made in terms of training and to the system.

Whilst it wasn't a total defiant attempt at defence (I only went in and defended myself because one of my colleagues said I really shouldn't stand for it), at least I did actually do it, and not just shrug it off and cry as I would usually do!

Plus I haven't been the usual overtime slave I usually am, I've had a day to myself just watching TV and lazing about, instead of giving up all my free time because I'm too humble to refuse to cover other people who don't turn up for their shifts.