Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The Return

Aaah finally back after an agonizingly long time without the internet, thanks to a few fuck-ups at AOL and us simply not having it all wired up properly.  I see the post format on Blogger has changed a little, but for the better, it's amazing how a new font can make you want to write more.  Or is that just me?!

There is much to report...
Had the most fun weekend for a long while, especially since relocating to rurality.  Went out for my cousin's 30th birthday, which was great, just my kinda party-a well stocked bar, very loud music, lots of good-looking, young men.  I thought what with it being a 30th it would be  a little dry but as I said, it was my sort of do.  Plus I did get some male attention, but me being me didn't grab the proverbial bull, goddamit.  That would hav been my sexual fulfilment and summer entertainment sorted.  Bugger. 
Staying there for the afterparty, however, made me realise how crap my music collection is, seeing as my cousin has a massive chest of drawers chock-full of CD's.  So one of my summer resolutions is to get some new tunes, starting with the ones on my "Most Wanted" list.  I was surprised how cheap singles are these days, either 79p on iTunes or £1+ in HMV.  My avid single-buying was kickstarted on Monday with the purchase of Shapeshifters' Lola's Theme, which has become my latest anthem.

The employment front has taken a bit of a turn up with a few interested calls from recruitment agencies after I spent an epic afternoon handing in CVs to every recruitment agency in town-epic because not only did I get stuffily dressed-up on a hot day when fellow females were floating around in cute racer-back vests and jeans, I also got blisters from my "smart" shoes.

I have also managed to independantly navigate myself around town via public transport, and with great ease.  Plus I am resuming my quest for a driving license-something that has developed Holy Grail-ish properties where I am concerned.  So progress seems to have been made on rather a few fronts, imagine, male attention, job prospects, independant travel, what's next?!  Perhaps a small fortune to boost my "peas on a drum" bank account, as well as counteract the horror of my bank statement, the first one I've ever bothered to read.  I spend money like it's going out of fashion.  But there's always so many things I want!!!

Some financial progress, without the need to CamWhore myself would be nice.