Sunday, July 04, 2004

So What Am I Gonna Do With A Blank Three Months?

Well employment is a definite time-consumer. Not only am I severely pissed off with my lack of cash, and my lack of effort for the cash I currently get, but I really just wanna get out and work, just to do something. Living in a totally different neighbourhood 50 miles away from my old home and 500 miles away from my parallel existence at university I really am isolated, having to pay at least £15 and sit on a train for at least an hour to at least see someone I actually know.

I also want to finally get my driving license. Being unable to travel a great distance totally independently pisses me off and now I am away from the total road-hell that was my former home, now's as perfect a time as any.

I want to read lots of books, but not just books I know I SHOULD read, but books I WANT to read. So I'm planning my reading by the month, seeing as I usually polish off a book a week-with the great three-month exception that is Anna Karenina-and hoping to read two books I HAVE to read (being a literature student I feel this is most wise), one I WANT to read, and one everyone's raving about, simply to be aware of the current fiction scene like all my pals.

I want to resume my horse-riding, and this should be so easy in my new rural surroudings.

I want to get some exercise, seeing as my Glamour magazine "Summer Sex" horoscope advises a summer of exercise and preening in order to recieve a sexual surprise in the Autumn. And heaven knows I need a bloody sexual surprise after my relationship from hell and three months without a much needed "injection" (sorry, that was vile I know, but carnal starvation momentarily overtook my sense of decency).


I want to make the three months fly by...