Thursday, July 22, 2004

Issues...

Kitten Blue's current issues really struck a chord with me.  I've always felt I'm not pretty/stylish/interesting/sexy enough, particularly where the opposite sex are concerned.  It's not only seeing girls who seem to have it all and feeling a sad sort of jealousy, but lads magazines that also compound that constantly nagging "Who'd fancy you?!".

Now I know women's magazines are far from blameless, but I seem to be a little more immune to them.  It hits a raw nerve when you've never really attracted men, and have been in bad relationships when you see stick-thin but huge breasted, confident,. fair haired and tanned beauties deemed as the criteria for what men want physically, and the guys your age can't really see beyond physical "beauty", often finding clever girls "sad".

For a long while most days or thoughts on improvement have been based around "How can I get guys to look at me for once?", and it's a nasty trap to get into, because I really don't know, and any media advice, plus what I see in the world goes against pretty much most of who I am...