Saturday, June 24, 2006

A new look...

I don't know what in hell happened to the old layout of this blog. And it all started out so well. Basically, I thought I'd treat you readers to one of those Frazy slideshow things that showed you all that I was reading and listening to, to be down with the kids! Alas, not only did it sign me off everytime I went on to Frazy's page-which should have been warning enough-but when I finally managed to figure out how to get on there and set everything up, it then decided to completely ruin my blog layout, knocking the sidebar down to below the posts and centering just about everything. And despite deleting the offending html, the blog remained the same, no matter how many times I changed formats and the like. Today it finally seems to be behaving. Fingers crossed. And I'll sort out the Barbie-hell this page is very soon!

That will teach me for following the crowd. Nothing beats good ol' sidebars crafted with one's own capable hands. Grrr.

Anyway, quick "culchaaaa" update, I'm reading, or trying to read Kafka's The Trial, which thanks to it's existential stye is like wading through concrete, particularly after the gorgeous Buddha Of Suburbia. I already tried to read it once before for my course, but only managed to get as far as halfway through the first chapter before losing interest and thinking about my shopping list, which I am fully aware is probably the literary equivalent to Ozzy's piss up the side of the Alamo, but hey it happened. With a shelf-full of other exciting books within eyeshot over the pages of Kafka, it's not looking good.
Musicwise, I'm currently bopping to Juliette & The Licks after seeing and hearing Ms. Lewis everywhere. And it's actually rather good stuff, a bit Siouxsie & The Banshees, so right up my street.
TVwise, I got hooked on Doctor Who this evening. And need to catch up with Big Brother, which I haven't watched all week, but can't say I've missed. And there will be nothing to create any esense of emotion in me towards the housemates now the evil Grace has departed.