Sunday, July 03, 2005

Live 8

What a brilliant day. I did tingle when the camera zoomed in on Big Ben and Johnathan Ross echoed across the city with the classic Live Aid introduction. But I must say I was a little worried the likes of our generation wouldn't experience the atmosphere of Wembley twenty years ago, when U2 and Paul McCartney broke into what seemed a rather lacklustre opening (this is my opinion, and I don't profess to be a musical expert, so please don't bombard me with angry comments about putting a Beatle and "lacklustre" in the same sentence. It may well have been amazing to the musically initiated, but it just didn't do it for me, k?) in comparison to the Wembley beginning. However, once we were warmed up I was rather moved by the rendition of "Beautiful Day", and it just got better and better. Unfortunately missed the Madonna set, which I waited ALL DAY to watch, thanks to my family being into tennis, but I must say the likes of The Killers, with Hyde Park echoing "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier", Robbie Williams and of course the The Who/Pink Floyd finale more than made up for it. The Who made me jealous of my folks who saw it all first time round, Pink Floyd moved me to tears, I think they are the key example of how music is best heard live. How great were they?!

We definately had the best atmosphere, in my opinion. I watched the re-run of the Philadelphia gig and it just seemed a little too contrived. A bit like watching one of those manky music roadshows for Top Of The Pops or something (I'll probably get into trouble for saying this as well. This isn't a dig at America, trust me, I know they support the cause just as much as us. It was just teh way the show was that's all). Although Will Smith's moving world-wide "hello" to all the concerts and the clicking did move me.

That will teach me to be lazy and not find out the text number for the Live 8 tickets in time...
*
How flippin' gorgeous did Fergie look though?! Loving the laid-back but downright sexy outfit Fergs! Black vest-top, lots of ghetto gold (to quote Sex & The City), skinny jeans-which I am craving right now, although I don't think buying something 'cause La Moss looks fantastic in it is a recipe for happiness-and mad Nike trainers, very much like my beloved but as yet unworn Valentines. She looked damn good, laid-back sexy, the type of star style you can go down the corner-shop in and not feel like a fool! In fact, I shall.